– Nicole by OPI “Look At Me, Look At Me”
– Nicole by OPI “If The Blue Fits…”
– China Glaze “Electric Beat”
– Essie “Borrowed And Blue”
**Any dark blue, medium blue and light blue nail polishes will do! I also used a glitter polish for the ring finger as an accent nail.
– Nail art brush
– White acrylic paint
**If you are not confident painting lines on yourself, you can always get a girlfriend to do it for you! Organise a DIY manicure session and have some girly fun. 🙂
Step by step:
1. After applying base coat, paint your nails with a dark blue polish.
2. Using a sponge, pick up a bit of a medium blue polish
3. Lightly tap it all over the nail for some texture.
4. Using the sponge, pick up a bit of a light blue polish.
5. You know how denim jeans get creases at the knee area and pocket area, right? We’re trying to create that effect here, so just tap the light blue polish to create some fuzzy lines across the nails. For the thumb, tap in the shape of a pocket.
6. Pour some white acrylic paint into a palette and pick up some paint with a nail art brush.
7. Outline the pocket on the thumb with dashed lines.
8. Draw two rows of dashes across the other denim nails. This will look like the stitches on denim jeans. You can do them in different directions for different nails for a more interesting look.
9. Apply a quick dry top coat and you’re done!
You can see the full issue of this week’s QWeekly here. 🙂